Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Sixteen Ways to Maintain Sanity

Don't freak, I know this is my second post for today...but I received the following list in my email tonight from a friend and I thought I would share (though I did cut it down some). If anyone every actually follows the sixteen ways to maintain sanity please let me know how it went. (grin)

16 Ways to Maintain Sanity

1. At lunch time sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
2. Page yourself over the intercom. Do not disguise your voice.
3. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask 'Do you want fries with that'
4. Put your garbage can on your desk and label it 'In'
5. Put decaf in the coffee maker for three weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
6. In the memo field of all your checks write, 'For smuggling diamonds'
7. Don't use any punctuation
9. As often as possible skip rather than walk
9. Order a diet water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.
10. Specify that your drive-through order is 'to go'
11. Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme
12. Put mosquito netting around your work area and play tropical sounds all day
13. Have your co-workers address you by your wrestling name, Rock Bottom
14. When the money comes out of the ATM scream, "I won, I won"
15. When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot yelling "Run for your lives, they're loose!"
16. Tell your children over dinner. "Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."

p.s. This is called therapy

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 at 10:49:00 AM CST , Blogger Eleisha said...

Liz -- I loved them as well. To actually do one of them would be hilarious, just get the nerve. Of course after this week at work I could be doing all 16 or move to Farmington (the funny farm).

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 at 12:10:00 PM CST , Blogger Riley March said...

"14. When the money comes out of the ATM scream, "I won, I won"

I did this at an ATM in Barnes Jewish Hospital with Tara. Well she was there for a few seconds anyway. She pretended not to know me. I did get a few laughs from those in ear shot.

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 at 9:18:00 PM CST , Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

When you first posted this, I laughed and laughed. I still think it's way funny.

 
At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 at 11:28:00 AM CST , Blogger MotherT said...

I've got one to add:

Get a can of your favorite air freshener, take it to work. Everytime someone gets ready to enter your "space" tell them they must be decontaminated first!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home