Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Christmas...Shopping...Life

Wow...things have been a little crazy around here. It's already Thursday and I realized that I haven't posted in about a week (the three day weekend threw me off a little). Christmas was really good. Christmas Eve my mom's family came over to my house, there were about 21 of us (with one guest that was non-family). We had a lot of fun, though I'm not used to having that many people in my house...it was crazy. My nephew fell and hit his head on my stair trim, he instantly looked like the guy off of Star Trek, Worf (instant massive bump, crease, bruise). After everyone left our immediate family did Christmas, the kids were allowed to open their presents...then everyone left and I had quite (woo-hoo).

Christmas Day I went to Riley and Tara's for breakfast. My mom made chocolate gravey (yum!) at my request and pancakes at the request of Peyton. We watched the kids play with their toys (and played with them some ourselves), then we all left to our perspective engagements...me to my house to veg out and read a book and watch some Friends. We had our Christmas Day church service at 6:00 pm (which was really good) and then we went to my Dad's side of the family gathering, which consisted of everyone stopping at Grandma's house on the way home from church.

Monday...Day After Christmas Shopping. We braved the wild's and joined the masses of returnees and 'Oh, well that's cheap...give me twenty' people on Monday. I did find some really cute shoes for $8.00, regularly $26, and some jean skirts -- something I needed desperately. We actually only went to three stores and then came home, but it was worth it. (grin)

Then it was back to the ol' grind stone for me on Tuesday. Things are going pretty good, and God has totally blessed me this week with a job opportunity for this coming weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home