Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Flu Season

You gotta love it...I know I am. Actually I'm on the upward swing of it all and I'm about over it, except for the croup cough I have (I think my lungs are going on strike) and the codeine poisoning my doctor did. Yes, of course I know I should have read the paperwork from the pharmacy but my doctor shouldn't have prescribed medicine to me that had something in it that makes me hurl (which is in the notes in my file).

I finally broke down and went to the doctor on Monday, after being sick with a sore throat, sinus infection (green stuff everywhere), and a chest cold since the week before. I get my meds and start taking them. Tuesday (today) at work I was loopy and felt like my head was floating in another place. As the day went on I got a terrible headache and nausea set in. (This was great too, because we're in the process of hiring a receptionist and I conducted four interviews) By the time I started home I felt worse than I had before...I had to call and tell my part-time job boss that I would be unable to work, so he had to come clean the bank (I don't think he was very happy). Anyway, when I get home I get the papers from the pharmacy out of the trash...not a good place for them if you haven't read them...and decided to take a peek. Wow...my cough medicine has codeine in it and it said that if you have had an allergic reaction (throwing up or dizziness) from taking Tylenol with codeine not to take this...or to at least be careful and watch for the following symptoms (and it listed a whole page). That explained a lot of my day away. (grin)

Yes, I was the dummy that didn't read it last night...but shouldn't a doctor who has been treating someone for over four years know (or remember) that they cannot have codeine. Anyway, I have the flu (coughing, runny nose, yadda-yadda) and now I'm waiting for my cough medicine to get out of my system so I will no longer have nausea and a pounding headache (Bob the Builder is making a shopping mall in my head). The fun of flu season.

P.S. We have seasons for everything nowadays...deer season, gigging season, shopping season, Holiday Season, and FLU Season. Woo-Hoo!

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 17, 2006 at 8:11:00 PM CST , Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Feel better!

 
At Wednesday, January 18, 2006 at 4:42:00 PM CST , Blogger Eleisha said...

Daring -- Thank you, I do feel a lot better today. YEAH!!

Liz -- Tell Dust-man that I said 'hey'. I'm here in the blogoshpere...I just sometimes get out of orbit. (grin)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home