Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Gigging

Yeah!! I got to go gigging tonight. It was a blast! I got three fish, my dad got two (one 'really' nice one). Those of you who do not know what I'm talking about, it's when you take a boat out at night with lights rigged on the front so you can see into the water, and then you stab fish with a pole that has prongs on the end of it (mainly sucker, drum, or buffalo). It's a lot of fun, you get to see some cool stuff (we found an old wooden john boat that had capsized and was in the water...they are going back for it later) and you get to see God's handy work in the river bottom. It was a bit chilly, we had small particles of ice on our poles and gloves...but nothing compared to times past when the whole pole was incased in ice. I had a lot of fun with my dad and our friend Nathan, a very good way to spend an evening out. (grin) (Gigging News) (Blurb about gigging) -- the 'blurb' is toward the bottom of the page. Enjoy!

2 Comments:

At Friday, December 30, 2005 at 9:38:00 PM CST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I wanted to let you know that I had read your recent entry. It sounded like a lot of fun. I am being brave here.

 
At Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 9:53:00 AM CST , Blogger Eleisha said...

Tia -- wow, I'm proud you finally did it. (grin)

Gigging was a blast...maybe I can get dad to take me out again and you can come along.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home