Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Friday, February 3, 2006

TGIF

TGIF...It's finally Friday. This week has went 'very' slow in my opinion (for what that's worth). I turned my two week notice in with my part-time job this past Wednesday. I will no longer be cleaning the bank as of Tuesday, Feb 14 (Valentine's present to myself). There were a lot of factors going into this decision, but one of the main ones is that it was interfering with my church obligations and services. There are many things happening now that summertime is on it's way and I need to be able to be available to help out. I worked for two months cleaning the bank, I have a new respect for janitorial professionals. I catch myself at work sometimes saying, 'the cleaning staff will get it'. Now I know what the cleaning staff feels like.

My cousin's house burnt last week. I went to see them last night at the motel they are staying in. They motel gave them a suite set-up with two connecting rooms that have a 'kitchen type' area. One of my co-workers gave me some items to take to them (baby blankets, stuffed animals, wipes, wash clothes); it was a little sad watching the kids get excited over a stuffed animal. We take a lot of stuff for granted, they lost 'everything' in the fire. I had a nice visit with them...it's funny how sometimes it takes a tragedy to get us to spend time with those we're related to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home