Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Tuesday, February 7, 2006

One Eyed Monster

Anyone that wears glasses or contacts and relies upon them heavily to be able to see knows what it's like when something happens that takes that ability away. Last night as I was cleaning the bank the lens fell out of my glasses and shattered all over the tile floor. Unfortunate for me it didn't happen while I was in one of the offices that have carpet or over the oriental rug, it happened right in the middle of the tile floor...and glass went everywhere. Of course it has been two years since I got my glasses and had an eye exam, so it was time...but I would rather do these things on my own schedule. Anyway, finishing the bank with only one eye that could see was fun. I got the job done and then went home to find an old pair of glasses...oh, how the styles have changed. The first pair I found was two eye exams ago, rather large (my cheekbones could use them to see too), and rather 'odd' shaped. So I wore them, two eyes are better than one, to locate my current old pair. I finally found them and am wearing them currently until my new ones come in. They are rounder than what I like, but the prescription is close enough that I will only have 'mild' headaches. My eye doctor's wife suggested contacts...but I went with glasses again with glass lenses. Looking forward to the new specs.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 7, 2006 at 2:29:00 PM CST , Blogger Eleisha said...

I will...and I will also put pics of my glasses that i've owned since wearing glasses...yes I have them all. :) I'm a pack rat!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home