Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Saturday, February 4, 2006

Game Night

I spent last evening at a friends house playing board games. I've come to realize how dependent I am on spellcheck and how evil vowels are if that is the only thing on your 'tray'. We played Scrabble, a very fun game if you can spell without spell check and have more letters on your tiles than vowels. At one time I had 'botox' spelled out on my tray but no where whatsoever to put it down on the board (it really is amazing what you can spell in the tray in front of you...some of the words are not meant to be shared). We ended up calling my brother and sister-in-law to do a word search, the house I was at did not have a dictionary or ready to use internet (I know what their Christmas present will be), I wanted to use the word 'leed'. Somewhere in my reading or vast search for knowledge I had came across the word and tried to use it, and was trying to get rid of as many E's as I could from my tray. My brother to the rescue, he told me it was a word and I was able to place my other 'E' back on the playing board and changed the word from 'led' to 'leed'. (Woo-Hoo)

We also played 'Yatzee' (sorry to all of you who have an aversion to dice games). My parents played this when I was little, and I would play with the dice never really understanding the game. So last night was my first night to actually play the game. Sometimes the dice were with me and sometimes not...I ended up with only around 252 total points, not much to brag about. But we had fun and I think that was the whole purpose of the time spent together.

We lead very exciting lives here in southeast MO. (grin)

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 7, 2006 at 2:30:00 PM CST , Blogger Eleisha said...

What a boring crowd you must hang with...if they won't even play a board game. Maybe it's that they don't get bored enough to play a board game.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home