Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Cyberathlete

Well, I realized today that I went into the wrong profession. While reading the paper today I came across an story with the headline, 'Cyberathlete Professional League World Tour Grand Finals: Missouri gamer wins $150,000'. So, since the amount of money was very substantial I decided to read the story. Johnathan Wendel, a 24 year-old from Kansas City, MO, won $150,000 for beating Sander Kaasjager, from the Netherlands, in a video game. Johnathan stated that it took a lot of 'practice' coming into the tournament, training about eight hours a day for the last two or three weeks. (He must have sore fingers...what with all that 'training') So, I've decided that I was misguided as a child and was sent into the workforce instead of being allowed to play video games...and this kid made more money in one day than I do in 'several, several, several days...even years'. I definitely am in the wrong profession.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 23, 2005 at 7:35:00 PM CST , Blogger Butterfly Momma said...

Pathetic - but funning that he thinks playing games is training!! lol!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home