Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Saturday, November 5, 2005

Shop Till You Drop

Ah the joy of shopping with my mother...I had forgotten what it was like when she was in a 'shopping mood' to actually go shopping with her. I spent Saturday with my mom, after hunting of course (I saw the tail end of two deer that my dad 'jumped' while trying to scare something out of the brush...he scared them alright) Anyway, I digress. Back to my mom. We went to Cape and got there around 10:30 in the morning. I did not get back home until 11:00 PM. I had fun, and found some cute clothes...but for someone that doesn't like to shop I was most definitely glad to be home. But I should have known better, when we were little and the new Super Wal-Mart opened in PB...my mom and her sister spent four hours there. I knew the layout of Wal-Mart very well by the end of that shopping day.

Sears/K-Mart. Cape has a new Super Sears store that was built after the merging of Sears and K-Mart. I was not very impressed with the store. It's made like a K-Mart/Wal-Mart style store, but they still have the prices you would find in an upscale department store. No real rhyme or reason to it all...and it was a little strange having 'food' in Sears. Sears was a department store in a mall...now it's another one stop shopping center with expensive merchandise. Hopefully their marketing idea works for them...it didn't work for me.

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 7, 2005 at 9:43:00 AM CST , Blogger Butterfly Momma said...

That's weird - the Sears/K-Mart thing - I didn't know that they had merged, but just the sound of it doesn't make any sense! They are two stores from two different levels of merchandise!! Weird.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home