Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Curving It

Today I went back to Curves (a women's workout facility), I took last week off because I was sick and on antibiotics (Sinuses and Allergies...woo-hoo). But, though I was off all week I still lost a pound. YEAH!! I love Curves...you go for 30 minutes, it's all women, and it's a no thought process -- you just do the circuit of machines and you're done. And the best part is that it's within walking distance of my office, I can just walk down there for lunch...and it's great STRESS relief. So far, at last weigh in, I have lost a total of 6 pounds, 9 inches, and 4 1/2 pounds body fat. My goal is 10 more pounds by Christmas...I'll keep you posted on my progress.

I also walked/jogged tonight (after getting in from bow hunting...didn't see anything but a squirrel). I jogged two laps at our local track, which is one lap short of a mile. I'm getting better!! I want to be able to jog the full two miles eventually...or more. Though during the summer (when it stays light longer) I walk a two mile radius around my neighborhood...that way I get 'hill' climbing in and I run the steps at the Junior High. Walking is a great 'alone' time when you can think about your day, what your going to do, or just reflect on things that are happening (in your life, family, church, relationships)...it also relieves stress.

Do I sound like a exercise spokesperson or what...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home