Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Tracking

Well, I had my first experience of 'tracking a deer' today. I went out with my dad this morning bow hunting...it was a bit cold and the wind caused my whole tree to shake rather violently, but I stayed seated and rode it out. Around eight o'clock I asked dad if I could get down and walk around, to see if my feet actually still worked, and then about ten minutes later he's calling me on the walkie-talkie saying he shot one...that's when the fun began.

We tracked the deer by following dots of blood we would find throughout the trail on the leaves, sticks, or bushes. Then the deer crossed a fence, that was a little tricky, and went up over a mountain (well maybe a 'hill' since we are in southeast MO). Sometimes we would lose the 'trail' and have to back track and start over...it was a very good learning experience, but it was sad because we never found the deer. I got my two miles in for the day (plus some I think).

We had fun though, and I guess that's a big part of what counts...hopefully when (not if) I get mine it will just fall over right there on the spot...I don't think I like 'tracking' to much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home