Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Weight Watchers

A diet that I can follow!! I started weight watchers (ww) in February, the thirteenth actually which was a little questionable since Valentines Day was the very next day. But no worries, I didn't get anything that would make me 'stray' from my diet so it's all good. But the good news is, as of last night, I've lost six pounds. Woo-Hoo!! WW is a basic eating plan that allows me to eat what I want, but gives guidelines on 'how much' and 'what' I eat. I went from living on ice cream and cereal to actually eating fruits and vegetables. It wasn't that I didn't like fruit and veggies, I actually have very eclectic eating (I like about everything and will try anything new); but being single, I fell into a habit of ice cream and cereal. I have also been doing a morning exercise routine that I found in an Oprah magazine, very basic but it tones your muscles, for about the past six months or so...and I can tell a difference. Do I stray from my daily point value? Do I sometimes want to cry because everyone else is downing large amounts of cookies or dessert pizza? Yes, Yes, and again I say Yes...but when I put my clothes on and they are loser and I can actually breath when sitting down it makes it all worth it. (grin) And Weight Watchers is a very basic diet plan to follow...and the women in the meetings I attend can attest to the fact that it works, as can I.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 15, 2006 at 3:08:00 PM CST , Blogger Eleisha said...

Yes, it does get time consuming trying to keep track of everything...but right now it's worth it to me.

I have one of the Walk Away the Pounds video's too...I have the 3 mile walk. It does work...and you can totally tell after a couple of uses (sore legs and arms). I got down to a size 10 about 2 1/2 years ago using it. Needless to say, I stopped and that's why I'm at ww now. (grin)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home