Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Thursday, September 7, 2006

GRRR!!

K, I log onto the Fox website on Tuesdays and sometimes throughout the week to read the 'GRRR' column. It's very entertaining and Mike Straka brings the everyday 'grrrs' to light. Today's column was 'You wonder why I grrr', and he has a very good reason to grrr, due to the recent happenings in his life. So, when at the end of my afternoon I sit and look back on the week that I've had so far...I realize it's easy to grrr. --grin--

My job. I like my job, but sometimes I want to SCREAM really loud because the people I manager can be very petty. They are always looking out for the other guy (what they did wrong, or what they are currently doing wrong) instead of doing the best job they can. They never seem to realize they are making mistakes too, but are quick to point out the mistakes of others. I get very tired of having to deal with children...though apparently that happens when you become a manager. One of my supervisors sent me a Demotivator the other day which said the following: "Motivation: It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care". I am beginning to feel that that is the attitude of several of my techs.



Enough of that. I had a really good Labor Day weekend. My friend Mel came down from St. Louis and we did the whole relax and enjoy thing. I introduced her to small town life by dragging her to our annual Labor Day Parade. We collected candy and staked out the corner of Plum/Walnut and the whole family gathered there (or a lot of us anyway...about 18) to watch the parade. Our church had a float in it this year, we came in first place. The rest of the weekend we basically did nothing, watched some movies and hung out with 'the group'.

Things have been going pretty good lately. I'm in the process of 'thinking' about planning a trip to Europe for my 30th birthday. Hopefully everything works out and I get to do it. Keep your fingers crossed.

Until Later,
Eleisha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home