Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Thursday, August 3, 2006

August 3, 2006

Ah...crazy, I think I'm crazy...or soon will be. Things here are going well. I went down and visited my friend Stanley at St. Benard's Hospital this past Tuesday night. Matt and I went down after work to spend some time with them, before I leave for Honduras. We ended up watching the Cardinal/Philly game and giving Sis. Webb some pointers on baseball...while Stanley 'rested his eyes'. He looked really good, though he was in pain and had lost more weight. He's an awesome, awesome man!

I'm leaving soon for a seven day trip overseas (Honduras). We're going down on a Mission's trip with a group of young people from Missouri. I'm really looking forward to it, though I have A LOT of stuff to get done around my house and at work before I leave out. I'll be doing a video blog while we're down there for the week, check it out if you're interested in seeing what all we're doing. MO YOM BLOG I'm really looking forward to it. This will be my third trip overseas, and I'm ready to check out some new soil. Keep us in your prayers!!

My yard is coming along at my house...I've finally got all the 'weeds' knocked down and now I have dirt and rocks. Everytime it rains it looks like I have the Rock Quary in my front yard. But I now have the back retaining wall done and also a front flower bed going...so things are coming together slowly. I'm really excited about it. By the time we get things worked out and finished it will be around September and time to throw seed out so I'll have grass in the Spring.

Well, I need to run for now. Try to stay cool out there!

ERM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home