Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Thursday, August 31, 2006

August 31, 2006

Well, August is gone. It's amazing how fast time travels as you get older. One morning you wake up and your 25 and going strong, you go to sleep and wake up and it's four and 1/2 years later and you wonder what's been accomplished. I'm almost at the six month mark of being 29 1/2 years old...then I'll be looking at 30 head on. Woo-Hoo!! I'm going to start planning a massive vacation to celebrate.

My friend Stanley passed away. He lost the battle with cancer, but won the battle of life. It has been a crazy time, he passed away on Saturday, August 19. I meet his biological granddaughter and she was all excited when I mentioned my name...she was like 'Oh, you're the adopted granddaughter'. Stanley was my buddy. At one time he would introduce me as his 'girlfriend', which his wife was totally o.k. with --grin-- He will be truly missed, and always loved. I get to go over tonight and pick up some plants...I get a banana tree, which I'm happy about. It was a cool plant (is this morbid).

I'm a season pass holder to Silver Dollar City. I told my aunt the other day that I've hit middle age. But in all honesty, SDC is a cool place. They have a little bit of everything and they have different 'seasons' so the whole family can have something at one point or another throughout the year. I've enjoyed the two times I've been so far...we've planned a couple more trips throughout the next couple of months, I'm looking forward to the Christmas time trip. Hopefully it will eradicate the memories from a trip my dad's family took about 15 years ago. They had a bright idea that for 'Christmas' we would take the whole family (that was at 22 persons at that time) and cram us into a cabin (we were all very cozy at bed time), and then took us to see 'white' lights at SDC. For a kid it was truly amazing (heavy sarcasm). We were also in a two hour traffic jam with a pregnant lady in the car, and then they bussed us in from no mans land (a cow pasture) where we had to park once getting to SDC. So, as stated, I'm looking forward to erasing those memories (though they are fond) with happy memories, and I may be more acceptable to 'all white lights' thrown into trees at this point in my life.

Well, need to run. The phones are ringing like crazy here at work...have to check voicemails. Looking forward to the Holiday weekend.

Until Later,
Eleisha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home