Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

August 15, 2006

Ah! It's great to be back home. I got home early this morning, around 5:00 am, from my trip to Honduras. We would have been home a lot earlier than that, but we had a two hour delay in Miami (due to some part not showing up on time for the plane, which made me feel very 'comfortable' with the fact that our plane had to have a 'part' in order to make it home). All the flights went very well, we had some turbulance, so for first time flyers it was an experience. I had an awesome time! For full updates and to get day-by-day, play-by-play you can go to MO YOM BLOG. I did better updating it than I do my own. --grin--

It's nice to be home where I can drink water again. So far I've drank seven 32 oz. glasses of water today. The fact that I'm not going to the restroom non stop lets me know I may have been a little dehydrated. I'll be glad when my body returns to normal...over seas travel causes swelling and bloating. Fun!

On the 'high' of having an awesome time in Honduras, is the 'low' of the fact that my friend Stanley is more than likely in his final days. I was going to go see them today, but since I'm a little tired of traveling for the time being, I didn't think I could stay awake driving the two hours to Jonesboro. I called and talked to June for awhile, she updated me on Stanley and I told her about the trip. It's amazing how the human heart can 'feel' both joy and sorrow at the same time.

Sorry to leave you guys on a low note...please pray for the Webb family and our church family. Stanley is an awesome guy that will be missed by everyone in our church and several in our community.

Until later,
EM

1 Comments:

At Thursday, August 31, 2006 at 10:25:00 AM CDT , Blogger Eleisha said...

Um, yes. As stated in the first line of this post it says it's great to be home. --evil grin--

Though it was tempting to stay where life is less complicated, I did come back to America.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home