Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Resolutions

It's that time of year when everyone makes resolutions for the year to come, now whether or not they stick with them is to be seen. I'm blogging partly about this because a church in my local area put on their sign the following: "Resolutions: More to Heaven in 07". Now being a church member, and growing up in church, my hope is that they meant to get more members this year. To do visitor drives and get more people saved...but the way the sign reads, will they be calling Uncle Vinney if you're not at church and call a hit in on you? I mean, just how many do they want to go to heaven in 07. Who likes funerals anyway (except for the funeral homes, because that's how they pay the bills).

Things here are going good so far. Except for the fact that I've actually gained weight the past week instead of losing it. I've been eating healthy, not late at night, and I've been walking and going to Curves. Makes one want to SCREAM. There are some others in my church that are doing a weight loss contest, by the end of the year the person with the most weight gone wins. The money pot will be around $1300 at that time, and the person with the most weight gone wins the dough. I say GOOD LUCK to them!!!

I played darts the other night at a friends house. I played once before when our company put a dart board in the break room, about two years ago. I'm not bad...I won three of the games, my arm is a little sore. I thought I had dart elbow instead of tennis elbow, it's amazing what muscles get used to throw a dart.

I finally cleaned my house and got my Christmas decorations down this past weekend -- WOOT! I've been putting off the house cleaning because it's been very busy for me the past couple of months (CAOH, ect) and when I would get a day off I wanted to do something besides clean house. I would keep the kitchen cleaned and my bathroom, and my house doesn't get 'really' dirty, but this weekend was a SCRUB weekend. It took forever...but I'm loving my house right now because it's CLEAN.

Well, I think that covers it for me for awhile...until later.

ERM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home