Leish's Thoughts

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -- Elbert Hubbard

Thursday, January 11, 2007

I'm the Manager!

K...in order to 'really' get the title you would need to hear my friend A and D say it. Most of the time it's said in a voice that makes one think that you 'are not' the manager, after doing something rather 'bright'. Unfortunate for me, I am the manager...and recently I have a rather large headache that goes along with it. I had to 'Pluto' someone (which is the word of the year according the Webster Dictionary), it's never fun. Then we had some belt tightening that happened around the office...the natives are getting restless. I have to smile, answer the questions to the best of my ability, and then pretend that everything is A.O.K. Gotta love being in management.

What amazing me though, is that people that aren't in management think that it's the best position ever...and it's what they are striving to get to. Trust me...sometimes it's best to be a clock puncher. You come in, do your job, and go home. Granted your resume may not look the best in the world, but you can sleep at night and you don't have to worry about headaches...did I mention yet that I currently have a headache, and have had it since yesterday.

I got a survey response from a customer today, basically telling me that I'm a poor example of a person and she couldn't believe I conduct myself as I do. I'm the Manager!!

Well, I'm going to sign this rant/vent off before I say more than I should (I may already have).

Until later...

ERM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home